Saturday, 22 August 2009

All black everything!

YES! YES! YES! Run This Town!!! This is just too good, I have not seen a hiphop video like this since Tupac and Dre's - California. I normally don't have much for Rihanna, I just see her as one of Jay's and Neyo's puppets, but her voice really works for this song and she looks real strong in the video aswell, very well fitting with the theme.

The video is about a civilization that takes Jigga’s lyrical motif of “all black everything” very seriously.

When I first heard “Run This Town,” I pictured Jay-Z and his posse staging a siege on Manhattan, or at least going to all the VIP spots most civilians only dream about like in the “D.O.A. (Death of Autotune)” video.
Instead, we’re introduced to a Mad Max-like landscape full of proto-biker gear, torches, face scarves and bombed-out buildings. Jay-Z and his gang of ruffians actually look like they’re on a mission to slay Auto-Tune.

Also, according to the video, Rihanna is the only female to survive the apocalypse, and West’s verse about Reeboks, Rav4s and girls with two bee stings seem starkly out of place in the dismal future. I honestly do not understand how Jay-Z could accept Kanye's shitty vers on this track, It is...as said, truly out of place.

STLL LOVE IT THOUGH!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment