Thursday, 7 May 2009

I ask myself why...

Why do I love smoking shisha?

I mean at first it was because of the ambience, just meeting random people that I had'nt seen for months...years sitting at the shisha caf. But now I guess it has become something of a way to feel good.

And I'm not talking about the smoke, I'm talking about the music, the sofas, the arabicspeaking staff, the shai (Tea), just the feeling of not being in Sweden...maybe escaping reality for a sec...?

I'ts all so nostalgic.

Shisha, n´Argile, Hookah, Waterpipe, call it whatever you want, but it has for me been an object of good memories.

Memories of being in Beirut as a small child playing on the cracked and filthy street with my grandfather sitting on the roof of the house smoking shisha calling on me to say that I should put some shoes on. I mean..I didnt care if my feet got dirty, I was playing football with my cousins, I was living the good life.
I miss being a child, being happy for just the smallest of things and having that feeling of satisfaction the whole day, just because someone noticed me or looked at me and smiled..



I'm not saying that the only reason I smoke shisha is to get a nostalgiakick... but it's a great deal of the reason for it...

I now leave you with the latest invention in the ''shisha world''...



The Mirage Grande Trinity, cost: £2690/35000sek



4 comments:

Flow said...

YO!! Asså det här med vattenpipa är helt sjukt poppis! ALLA mina polare diggar det, I DONT!
För omständigt, lättare att tända en cigg! hehe // Flow

The CDP said...

The design of hookas themselves are poetry and as I read your writing, I myself remember the feeling of scalding shai that I sipped cautiously on a rooftop cafe in Marrekesh. I shall never be able to smoke but I recall the feeling of the air around me as I reclined in a tent against a cushion, whilst I chatted with an acrobat.

du vet inte said...

Intervjun???

joe said...

pundare...

Post a Comment