Tuesday, 5 May 2009

My very first time...

Here we go... my first post on this blog...!



Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd get a blog. I've gotten a lot of postive feedback on my consideration of starting it, and some negative ones from a very specific person. but lets leave it at that.



I would like to start this off with an explanation to why this blog is named ''Al Maktoub'':

I often say ''well, I guess it was maktoub''.
maktoub means written or destiny and al maktoub means what is written.
It's an islamic term, and muslims believe that Allah has written our lives before hand, therefore the term - al maktoub - what is written.

And... I do write... so... ''what is written'' - ''al maktoub'' is in my belief, spot on.

2 comments:

The CDP said...

We write, we speak, we live and thereby make alive what was written.

You have beautiful words.

Soulish said...

Thank you Nicole, much appreciated =)

Post a Comment